Office of the University Advancement (UAO) has recently been established which aimed at strengthening the QAU Alumni and fund raising activities for the uplift of students in particular and university in general. The University Advancement Office is actively working to reach out Alumni, donors and philanthropists for the achievement of organizational vision of "taking Pakistan forward by providing an affordable, high standard education to students from all corners of the country, creating interprovincial harmony, providing solutions through research relevant to the national needs, towards the transformation of the country into a knowledge-based economy."
Quaidians' Alumni AssociationProud to be Quaidian!
- Advancement Office
- Our Challenges and Needs
- Alumni Association
- Membership Benefits
- Make a Gift
Objectives of the University Advancement Office are to present to the public and to all stakeholders a clear, consistent and focused message about the university's mission, goals, priorities and performance in order to increase public understanding and support for improving the quality and effectiveness of academic programmes, research and services.
- Transparency and integrity
- Fidelity to the fundamental purposes and unique character of the university in seeking donations and other forms of private support
- Proper stewardship of all donations, creative and energetic partnerships with families, communities and encourage business sector to play its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) role
- Effective management and accountability in its use of resources and implementation of fund raising and other advancement programmes
- Constant improvement of programmes and services
Mr. Shahzad Ali Gill
Manager, University Advancement
Mr. Sabih Khan Afridi
Web Developer/Social Media Expert
Syed Asad Ullah
SCHOLARSHIPS AND FINANCIAL Aid
QAU aims to accommodate needy and deprived students through financial assistance and Scholarships.
Yet a large number of students remain unattended due to financial constrains. At QAU, comprehensive mechanism has been introduced to ensure that the financial aid reaches the most deserving students. For this purpose, Offices of the University Advancement and Students Financial Assistance (OSFA) have been set up with an aim to generate funds and to provide financial support to the meritorious, needy and deserving students of the University.
During financial year 2010-11, the University distributed Rs. 41 million among 2318 students under variety of student financial aid programs, in 2011-12 Rs. 67 million were distributed among some 3000 students while in the year 2012-13 the amount has reached to Rs. 80 million for some 4000 students. A significant number of new scholarship schemes were also initiated on merit as well as on need bases. Currently, 40% of the student body of QAU is beneficiary to such financial assistance. The financial aid programs have made possible for deserving students to continue with their education, who might otherwise be deprived of this higher education opportunity due to inadequate funds and /or previous limited educational opportunities. Your donations and contribution can help deserving students to continue their education and consequently enlightening the future of their whole family, province and country.
NEW BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
As part of its strategy, QAU gradually switched over from departmental structure to the school structure. Recently it has introduced six new schools including the School of Politics and International Relations, School of Economics, School of Management Sciences, School of Culture and School of Law in the Faculty of Social Sciences alone where different interrelated departments under the umbrella of a School operate. This approach has successfully facilitated a change to enhance interdisciplinary working and improved teaching learning process on the campus.
Similarly, initiation of undergraduate programs is another hallmark for the Quaid-i-Azam University.
Since the inception of this institution, its the first time that university has introduced its undergraduate programs in all three faculties. These programmes were designed to provide students an opportunity to launch their meaningful careers. A few more academic programs are in the pipeline, this will not only help the university to internationalize but will also result in an increase of student body. In order to deal with the growing needs, we require to develop infrastructural facilities and buildings so that more students could be accommodated. Your donations will make sure that the students have the resources and infrastructure they would need to maximize the value of education and to enhance their university experience.
HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
Recently, the university has launched a comprehensive strategy to take its vision into the future. The current management of the university has taken swift steps to put the university on the path of excellence and development by adopting a holistic approach. Priorities were included such as to enhance the capacity building of existing faculty and staff.
QAU has qualified team of teachers and researchers; more than 65% of the teachers hold doctoral degrees with experience of working in renowned universities of the world. The University has the distinction of having a large number of distinguished scientists and educationists as its faculty members, holding national awards and international recognition.
Yet quest of excellence never take break. You can help us in bringing knowledge, ideas and technologies through innovative training and development programmes. It will provide a chance for cross traditional learning and to develop broad-based critical thinking skills of our human resource.
It has been renewed vision of the university in Higher Education to push the boundaries of learning, teaching and innovation, transforming Pakistan into a knowledge-based economy and inculcating a culture whereby solutions of our indigenous problems are provided through university research. As an institution of higher learning we are convinced that only relevant and useful sciences can provide a sound foundation for the future of our country.
QAU has been ranked as top research institute in the whole Islamic World. Our scholars conduct highly formalized research and their work have also been recognized at all national as well as international forums. You can help us by supporting the research projects to our faculty members. Your donations and grants can be helpful in bringing in technologies and skill based knowledge which are necessary to conduct sophisticated research.
FUNCTIONS OF THE UAO
- Create awareness, build relationships and generate support for the University
- Accomplish the goals through a strategic effort that incorporates strategic communications/ marketing, alumni relations, community and government relations and resource planning and administration
- Provide a bridge between the University and the community
- Design, implement and manage the programmes to raise funds for the University from sources other than the Government of Pakistan, with particular emphasis on the corporate sector, alumni, private donors including the expatriate Pakistanis and international partners
In a very short span of time, Office of the University Advancement has taken following initiatives with support of University's accomplished alumni and a group of philanthropists:
- Establishment of QAU Alumni Secretariat
- Centralized data base of Alumni and Donors
- Initiation of Online Alumni Registration
- Issuance of life-time alumni membership cards (in process)
- Promotion of industry-academia linkages through strategic institutional partnerships
- Membership of CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Branding partnerships with corporate entities
- Interaction with multiple donors, philanthropists, alumni and faculty in order to promote the spirit of giving
- Social Media Campaign for highlighting major achievements of the University
- Establishment of Student Advancement Fund Endowment (QAU-SAFE)
- Signing of MOUs with different organizations for strategic alliance and collaboration for the promotion of higher education while creating synergies
- Establishment of OGDCL and Mari Gas chairs at the Department of Earth Sciences
- Construction of Saulat Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Drug Research with philanthropic support
- Construction of OGDCL Hostel for 300 female students at campus
- Construction of two state of the art computer labs by Turkish Cooperation and Coordination Agency (TIKA) adjacent to boys and girls hostels
- National Talent Pool announced PKRs. 20 Million for research activities at QAU
QAU welcome donations for the promotion of higher education in the country.
- Scholarships and financial assistance
- Sponsorship for organizing events
- Student Advancement Fund Endowment (QAU-SAFE)
- Chair Fund
- Research/HRD Grant
- Building/Infrastructure/I.T Support/ Equipment
Donations may be sent through the following bank account:
- Within Pakistan: Donations and funds may be deposited in any branch of Askari Bank Limited favoring QAU Advancement Office A/C No. 0150145000031-0 or can be sent through Cross Cheque/Bank Draft along with duly filled Donor Form.
- For QAU-SAFE: Donations for Student Advancement Fund Endowment can be sent through (QAU- SAFE A/C No. 0001501490000150) Askari Bank Limited, Quaid-i-Azam University Branch, Islamabad.
- From Overseas: Donations can be sent through Account No. 3607-9507, CITI BANK N.A 9th floor, 11 Wall Street New York, N.Y. 10043 U.S.A., ABA 021 0000 89, Swift No. CITIUS33, Askari Bank Limited QAU Branch (0510-B), Islamabad, Swift Code: ASCMPKKA, Favoring QAU Advancement Office A/C No. 01501450000310.
Lets come together for building an educated and prosperous nation!
Lets empower the people of Pakistan and give them reason to smile!
Office of the University Advancement
Admin Block, Quaid-i-Azam University,
Islamabad 45320, Pakistan
A large number of students belong to far flung areas. QAU provides housing facility at a very nominal rate. With increase in number of students, we are confronting difficulty in accommodating a large number of new entrants especially those who come from Balochistan, Sindh, Southern Punjab, North of KPK and Gilgit Baltistan. We require more buildings and improved housing facilities in order to accommodate these students. Your donations will help us to ensure the provision of accommodation to maximum number of students.
QAU is engaged in providing best education in various disciplines to the future of Pakistan. Owing to the financial crunch, Quaid-i-Azam University like other HEIs in the country cannot rely solely on governmental funds. QAU is exerting its heartfelt efforts to achieve financial sustainability. Your donations shall be utilized to award scholarships to the meritorious and needy students and toward other immediate needs directly benefiting students attending QAU, thus increasing the accessibility and quality of higher education in the country.
Nations are built when every individual put efforts in one direction. It is said that a single man can be the difference between victory and defeat. Progress requires people with big dreams and big ideas. Your donations to QAU will be a source of inspiration for our future leaders. It will ensure that no student is denied opportunity to pursue his/her dreams. By supporting education, you will help to create a nation of innovators. Your donations in the form of scholarships and student aid, supporting facilities and library collections will be a great contribution towards building a skillful and innovative nation.
FRIENDS OF QAU
Friends of QAU provide a broad base of critical support, helping both individual programmes and the university as a whole to thrive. The Friends of QAU (individuals and organizations) making annual gifts to QAU are recognized as per below mentioned levels:
|Sr. No.||Gift Level (PKRs.)||Title|
|1||1, 000, 000-4, 999, 999||Patrons||2||500, 000-999, 999||Benefactor||3||250, 000-499, 000||Literacy Ambassadors||4||100, 000-249, 999||Sponsors||5||50, 000-99, 999||Supporters||6||25, 000-49, 999||Contributors||7||10, 000-24, 999||Associates||8||Below 10, 000||Donors|
News And Events